Your life path number is the most important number in your numerology chart. The number is based off of your date of birth and it reveals a basic overview of the many opportunities, challenges, and lessons that you will encounter during your lifetime. Divining and understanding your life path number is a great way to learn more about yourself as a person and prepare for what lies ahead of you in the future.
FINDING YOUR LIFE PATH NUMBER
One of the basic tenants of numerology is the life path number. It is the number that many people first start with when they begin to put together their own personal numerology chart. The life path number starts with an individual’s birth date.
Let’s start with the birth date of a well-known public figure. How about Pablo Picasso?
Picasso was born on October 25, 1881. This breaks down to 10-25-1881. A numerologist then breaks down these numbers to 1+0+2+5+1+8+8+1. These numbers are then added together to get 26. Finally, these two numbers are added together, 2+6, to get 8. This means that 8 is Pablo Picasso’s life path number. The goal is to reduce the numbers in this manner until you reach a single digit.
SO WHAT DOES YOUR LIFE PATH NUMBER MEAN?
Once you have added and reduced your birthdate (month, day, and year) to reach a single digit number, your life path number, you probably want to know what exactly this number means. Each of these numbers vibrates at a different frequency in the universe, revealing much about the individual’s character as well as what their future holds in store. Below is a brief breakdown of the qualities that the life path numbers 1 through 9 hold for the individual.
- One – Independent, self-motivated, and hard working. Those with the life path number 1 are often critical of themselves, are good at multitasking, and do not tolerate laziness.
- Two – Loyal and honest. Those with the life path number 2 desire peace above all else. They love to share their lives with other people but do not like conflict.
- Three – Great communicators. Those with the life path number 3 are creative, energetic, and sometimes exaggerate the truth.
- Four – Cerebral and relaxed. Those with the life path number 4 seek security, are highly organized, and live by the motto “home is haven.”
- Five – Free, fun loving, and adventurous. Those with the life path number 5 need adventure in their lives otherwise things become overwhelming.
- Six – Natural born nurturers. Those with the life path number 6 have magnetic personalities and love to take care of others.
- Seven – Cerebral and faithful. Most of those with the life path number 7 have a deep love of natural beauty.
- Eight – Deeply emotional and honest. Those with the life path number 8 strive to have financial security in their lives.
- Nine – Natural leaders. Those with the life path number 9 tend to take care of everyone else around them. However, they often have a hard time speaking up when they themselves need help.
- Discover the Infinite Power of Numerology
- Birthday Numerology: Hidden Meanings of Your Birth date
- Guide To Numerology Love Compatibility
- Name Numerology Meanings: Secrets of Your Name
FINAL THOUGHTS ON YOUR LIFE PATH NUMBER
Finding and understanding your life path number is one of the most important parts of numerology. It will tell you a lot about yourself and who you are as a person. Our brief walkthrough of how to find your life path number above gives you the tools that you need to begin to understand your own individual life path number.